What is UGC NET?
The notification of this UGC-NET 2021 for the December 2020 cycle has been issued on February 2, 2021. Candidates can fill the online UGC-NET application 2021 on the official website (https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in).
This UGC NET 2021 exam will be held on May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, and 17 May. For UGC NET 2021, the last date for applying for candidates online has been extended till March 9 and the last date for paying the application fee is now March 10, 2021.
The University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national level examination, in which only candidates for Assistant Professor or both juniors are selected.
This research fellowship (JRF) and to be an assistant professor in Indian universities and colleges. As of June 2018, the NET is organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on behalf of the UGC.
However, in December 2018, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has started conducting the UGC NET exam. Let us know that UGC NET Result 2020 has been released on December 1, 2020. In total, 47,157 candidates can apply for the exam.
Your application form has been released through online mode only. To know all the details about the UGC NET application form 2021, all the candidates have read this article which includes the application details, fees, eligibility, and more.
UGC NET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||(University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test) 2021|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Mode||Online only|
|Exam Duration||180 minute|
|Exam Purpose||Selections of candidates for posts of only Assistant Professors or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor in Indian universities and college|
|Registered Candidates||It Will be updated after the applications closed|
|Test-Takers||It Will be released after the UGC NET 2021 exams|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
NTA NET Exam 2021 Notification
NTA has released important dates for the May 2021 exam. So, if you are preparing for the upcoming NET exam, all the topics have been included in this article, you should read it below.
NTA has extended the date of the UGC NET application form from 2 March 2021 to 9 March 2021. Candidates who have missed the opportunity to fill the form can fill the form again.
NTA UGC NET Exam 2021 has been conducted from May 2 to May 17, 2021.
|Exam Activities||UGC NET 2021 Exam Dates (Dec 2020 Session)|
|Online Application for UGC NET May 2021||2nd Feb 2021 to 9th March 2021 (Extended)|
|UGC NET 2021 Exam Date||2nd May 2021 to 17th May 2021|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
UGC NET 2021 Application Form – Till 9th March
Candidates can check details about UGC NET 2021 application form from the given section:
- The applications form has been released from 2nd Feb 2021 for UGC NET 2021 Jun sessions.
- Candidates can fill their application form through online mode. Any offlines modes will not be provided.
- Fill in all asked details carefully including educational, personal and communication, etc. in the application form.
- Candidates will need to fill just one form, multiple filled forms will get rejected.
- Candidates must fill in exam city choices as per their preferences.
- Upload scanned documents i.e. passport size photograph and signature within the JPG/ JPEG format.
- Authority will also provide correction facilities to the candidates from 12th to 16th March 2021 for the December session.
- Candidates can fill their application form till 9th March 2021 for the December session.
- Take the printout of the filled application form and keep it secure for future references.
Document Required at the Time of Filling UGC NET 2021 Application Form:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Scanned passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
- Identification proof
- 10+2 and graduation mark sheets
- Copy of board or university for candidate’s name, parent’s name, and date of birth
- NET subject code
- Category certificate
- EWS certificate
- PWD certificate
- The application fees can be paid through online modes only.
- Candidates are able to fill their application fee using debit card/ credit card/net banking or PAYTM/UPI.
- The fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
Candidates can check the fee structure for all category candidates in the given table:
|For Generals Category Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|For Generals- EWS/ OBC – NCL||Rs. 500|
|FOR SC/ ST/ Transgender Category Candidates||Rs. 250|
UGC NET 2021 Application Form Correction
Candidates are able to make corrections in the UGC NET 2021 application form through online mode. Candidates can make corrections in the details from 12th to 16th March 2021 for December correction.
UGC NET Application Correction facility will be provided only to those candidates who have successfully paid their application fee.
Candidates can make corrections in the application form using their login credentials i.e. application number and password.
A correction facility will be provided only one time, so you must enter the correct details. Do not forget to take the printout of the corrected application form.
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
You must undergo UGC NET Eligibility Criteria before filling the appliance form:
- Qualification: Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from any recognized institute/ university.
- Age Limit: there’ll be no regulation for assistant professors. For JRF, candidates shouldn’t be quite 31 years as of 1st March 2021.
- There will be 5 years aged relaxation for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC NCL and Women) and three years for LL.M. degree holders.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must have obtained 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates) in their qualifying examination.
- Subjects: Candidates must have passed their examination with stream i.e. computing and applications, humanities, science, etc.
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing in their final year also will be eligible to use.
Important UGC NET 2021 Dates
UGC NET 2021 Exam dates have not been released yet. Check tentative UGC NET exam dates 2021 below:
|UGC NET Events||UGC NET Exam Dates||Salient Features|
|Notification||2 Feb 2021||UGC NET 2021 notification was released online by NTA.|
|Application form||2 Feb 2021||UGC NET 2021 application window was activated with the notification.|
|Application Closing||3 Mar 2021 09-Mar-2021||The UGC NET 2021 application process has now been extended till March 9, 2021.|
|Admit card||April 2021(Tentative)||UGC NET admit card 2021 will be released on the official website of the exam as per the prescribed schedule.|
|UGC NET exam||2-17 May 2021||UGC NET 2021 Exam will be conducted from May 2 to 17 at the designated exam centers.|
|Provisional answer key||May 2021(Tentative)||Provisional UGC NET answer key 2021 will be released soon after the exam.|
|Final answer key and cutoff||June 2021(Tentative)||UGC NET final answer key and cutoff 2021 will be released on the official website as per the prescribed schedule.|
|Result||July 2021(Tentative)||UGC NET 2021 result is expected to be announced on the official website in July.|
How to Check UGC NET Result 2021?
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to check the result for UGC NET 2020 exam
Step 1: Visit the official website of the exam – http://ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Step 2: Click the link, View Result.
Step 3: Enter the details:
- Application number
- Date of birth
- Security pin as shown in the images
Step 4: Clicks on the Submits buttons.
Step 5: Downloads the UGC NET scorecard 2020.
How to Download UGC NET Admit Card 2021?
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps to download admit card for the UGC NET exam:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UGC NET – ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Step 2: Click on the Download Admit Card tab/option.
Step 3: Enter the below-mentioned details:
- Application number
- Date of birth
- Security pin as visible on the screen
Step 4: Click on the Submit button.
Step 5: View, download and print the UGC NET admit card.
How to apply for UGC NET 2021
Here candidates can check the complete procedure about how to fill UGC NET 2021 application form:
- Visits the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Clicks on the ‘Fill online application form’ button.
- After that click on the ‘New registrations’ tabs.
- Fill in basic details i.e. name, email ID, and working mobile number, and click on the ‘submit’ button.
- A message will be sent to your registered email ID regarding login credentials.
- Login using login credentials i.e. application number and password.
- Fill in details carefully including educational, personal i.e. qualifications, address, and others.
- Select four exam cities as per your preferences.
- After filling in all the details click n the ‘submit’ tab.
- Now go through the upload documents link.
- Upload all necessary documents i.e. scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPG/ JPEG format.
- A photograph should be uploaded in between 10 kb to 200 kb size and the signature size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- After uploading all documents click on the ‘save and proceed’ button.
- Now pay the application fee through online mode using a debit card or credit card.
- After successful payments verify & recheck all details carefully.
- Take the printout of the filled application form (confirmation page) for future references.
UGC NET 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
National Testing Agency issues an advisory stating some guidelines for UGC NET aspirants. All candidates are recommended to read the advisory and instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully.
Candidates can also go through the instructions given below for better clarity.
What to carry on exam day?
UGC NET 2021 is a computer-based test and candidates are given a pen/pencil and blank sheets for rough work. However, candidates are still advised to carry a pen/pencil to the exam center to avoid any last-minute hassle.
What NOT to carry on exam day?
- The UGC NET aspirants are not allowed to carry any instrument, metallic item, or electronic gadgets/devices to the exam hall. It may be noted that there might also not be any provision for the safekeeping of candidates’ valuables. Things that are strictly prohibited insides the exams hall includes:
|Any kind of paper/stationery/textual material (printed or written material)||Handbag/purse|
|Geometry/pencil box||Eatables and water (loose or packed)|
|Mobile phone/ear phone/microphone/pager||Watch|
|Slide rules||Log tables|
UGC NET Result percentage
The result’s the result of your preparation and that they assist you to decide the trail to your goal. For the right idea and to strategize the preparation, you ought to check the previous year’s cut-off marks because it will assist you to line your target for the exam.
Note – NTA has declared the June 2020 Exam Result on 1st December 2020. Below, you’ll check the NTA NET June 2020 stop marks for the unreserved category: –
|NET Subjects||Cut off marks percentage for Assistant Professor only||Cut off marks percentage for JRF & Assistant Professor|
|Human Rights and Duties||66.00||72.00|
Overview of UGC NET Exam Pattern 2021
UGC NET exams comprise two papers (paper-I and -II) containing multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Candidates need to complete both the papers in the duration of a single of three hours.
|UGC NET Paper||Number of Questions||Marks|
Check complete UGC NET exam pattern.
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper-I
UGC NET Papers-I (General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude) is commons and mandatory for all candidates. Checks the complete UGC NET exam Paper-I syllabus 2021 below:
|UGC NET Paper-I Units||UGC NET Paper-I Topics|
|Unit-I: Teaching Aptitude
|Unit-II: Research Aptitude||
|Unit-V: Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude||
|Unit-VI: Logical Reasoning||
|Unit-VII: Data Interpretation||
|Unit-VIII: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||
|Unit-IX: People, Development and Environment||
|Unit-X: Higher Education System||
Best UGC NET Books for Paper-I Preparation
Go through the list of important books recommended by toppers for preparation of UGC NET paper-I below:
|UGC NET Paper-I Book||Author|
|Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I||M Gagan and Sajit Kumar|
|NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF Paper I: Teaching and Research Aptitude by Pearson||KVS Madaan|
|General Paper-1 UGC NET/JRF/SLET – Teaching & Research Aptitude||Arihant Experts|
|Upkar’s UGC-NET/JRF/SET Teaching And Research Aptitude (General Paper – I)||Dr. Lal Jain and Dr. KC Vashistha|
UGC NET Exam Pattern Overview
UGC NET exam pattern 2021 is going to be released by National Testing Agency (NTA) alongside the discharge of the Overview.
Till December 2018, the UGC NET exam pattern was such the test consisted of two papers (Paper I, II) that were conducted in two different sessions. Candidates had to finish both the papers (Paper I, II) during a duration of 1 and two hours, respectively.
However, in June 2019, NTA changed the UGC NET exam pattern as per which candidates now need to give both the papers during a single three-hour duration.
Before elaborating on the UGC NET exam pattern, allow us to have a glance at the main highlights of both the papers of the exam.
|Particulars||UGC NET Paper-I Highlights||UGC NET Paper-II Highlights|
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of paper||Common for all candidates||Subject-specific questions|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option|
|Marking scheme||+2 for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|+2 for the correct answer
0 for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
UGC NET Exam Pattern and Time 2021
As mentioned above, UGC NET may be a web exam conducted as a Computer-Based Test (CBT). The exam contains two papers that candidates need to complete during a duration of three hours.
Both paper-I and -II contain objective-type questions and it’s mandatory for candidates to aim questions from both papers.
|UGC NET Paper||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
The first step towards the preparation of any exam is knowing its structure. The NTA conducts the UGC NET Exam twice a year (in June and December month) in two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1 is predicated on General Paper while Paper 2 may be a subject-specific exam (for the topic that you simply choose during the shape filling process).
The UGC NET Paper Pattern for both General Paper 1 and Paper 2 is given below –
|NTA UGC NET Exam Pattern 2021||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Type of Papers||Common for all subjects||Subject-based paper|
|Type of Questions||
MCQ (Multiple choices with a single correct answer)
|No. of Questions||50||100|
|Marking Weightage||100 (2 marks of each question)||200 (2 marks of each question)|
3 hours (180 minutes)
|Questions Based on Topics||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude||Subject related topics|
Online (Without any break)
No negative marking
UGC NET Pattern for Paper 2
Paper-II may be a subject-based paper that consists of 100 MCQ-type questions (multiple choices with one correct answer), each consisting of two marks.
The NTA UGC NET Paper-II covers the whole syllabus of the master’s degree subject selected by the candidates. And to qualify for the exam, you want to have deep knowledge of your chosen subject.
Here is that the marking scheme and duration for Paper 1 and Paper 2:
|Marking in the Exam||UGC NET Total Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|Paper-I||100||50||3 hours (180 minutes)
without any break
(Shift 1: 9.00 AM – 12.00 PM; Shift 2: 3.00 PM – 6.00 PM)
Start your UGC NET May 2021 exam preparation (December 2020 session) with Eduncle’s expert quality content. you’ll download sample study material freed from cost from the subsequent table.